Lately new allegations about sexual misconduct by male celebrities or politicians come out almost every week. I am glad that so many brave women are speaking out – and hope the #metoo and #timesup revolution continues to build steam and creates permanent social change. But I have to admit, it’s really depressing each time I find out that another person I admired or respected has a dark side. That’s why I think it might help to spend some time praising the good guys – while we are taking down the “bad”.
I think it might help to spend some time praising the good guys – while we are taking down the “bad”
- There are men who always treat women with honor and respect – at work and at home.
- There are men who not only listen, they really hear you.
- There are men who always support your (sometimes crazy) dreams.
- There are men who try to make you laugh, even when you feel like crying.
- There are men who will wrap their arms around you and whisper comforting words when you are weeping in bed after a devastating miscarriage.
- There are men who will firmly hold your trembling hand during a medical procedure – even when he’s squeamish.
- There are men who think you’re most beautiful without any makeup on.
- There are men who listen to you vent – even when they’d rather watch a show or go to sleep.
- There are men who come home everyday and say how happy they are to see you.
- There are men who take on the responsibility of being a role model to your nieces and your sons with honor and pride.